No one wants to walk into the room that houses their boiler and find that their boiler has sprung a leak. A leaking boiler can a big problem that can cause water damage to your home if it goes undetected for too long. This is why it is important that you contact a heating professional right away when you notice even the slightest hint of leaking water from your boiler. Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about some of the possible causes for your boiler leaking.
Is a Leaking Boiler an Emergency?
Most of the people reading this blog will be experiencing a boiler leak. If this is the case for you, you will want to do the following before reading on to find the cause of your boiler leak.
– Turn off the water supply
– Turn off the heat
– Wipe up any water caused by the leak
– Call a heating professional ASAP
Why is My Boiler Leaking Water from Underneath or Somewhere Else?
Unfortunately, when your boiler starts to leak water, there are several reasons you might be experiencing this. Here are the top causes for leaking water.
– Corrosion to Boiler: The pipes and tanks that make up your boiler system will most likely start to corrode with time. If this corrosion starts to spread without replacing any parts that are showing signs of corrosion, you could see water leaks start to form. It is important that you remove any signs of corrosion on your boiler as soon as you spot them, or you could end up needing to replace the whole thing.
– Boiler Pressure: The pressure in your boiler needs to be just right. If you have too much pressure, it can lead to leaking water. This is the boiler’s way of letting off some of the pressure to avoid blowing up. You need to be checking the pressure gauge on your boiler regularly to avoid pressure any higher than a 2.
– Temperature Valve of Boiler: Every boiler has a temperature valve that keeps the water from getting too hot. If it gets too hot, it can start leaking scalding water.
– Boiler Pump Seals: The pump that moves the water throughout your home to help heat your house is completely sealed. When these seals start to show signs of wear it leads to leaking water.
– Loose Joints on Boiler: Joints will need to be tightened occasionally as your boiler gets older since these joints loosed over time.
– Poor Boiler Installation: If your boiler wasn’t installed properly, that could be your issue.
Emergency Boiler Troubleshooting, Diagnosis, Repair, Replacement & More in Springfield, Granby, Holyoke, South Hadley, Monson, Chicopee & Agawam, Massachusetts
Don’t hesitate to call on the heating professionals at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning anytime you notice that there is water leaking from your boiler. We will work quickly and efficiently to get the problem resolved before it causes any damage to your property. Our team of highly trained technicians will do everything we can to keep your home warm this winter. Call us today!