Winters in Massachusetts can be harsh and the last thing you need is your heating system malfunctioning or shutting down completely. It is always recommended that you hire a professional heating and air company like the experienced heating technicians at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning to locate and diagnose any problems that your heating system may be experiencing. Our knowledgeable technicians can save you money by finding and repairing any problems that occur both quickly and accurately. However, if you don’t mind a little elbow grease, there are some things that you can do to help you eliminate any minor heating repair issues such as a faulty thermostat or battery.
The experts at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning recommend both routine and regular maintenance to keep your heating system fully functional for the entire winter season. Our technicians can locate any potential problems and repair them before they become larger issues.
If you are experiencing a problem with your heating system the experts at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning suggest isolating the problem first and have provided the following professional tips to help you troubleshoot your HVAC Unit.
• Total loss of heat: Do you feel cold air coming out of your supply registers? If you feel cold air, the first thing you should do is check your fuel supply and electrical systems. You electrical system helps to convert power to lower voltages that are directed throughout your system to monitor pressure and temperature control.
• Partial loss of heat: If your heating system appears to be running constantly, you may be experiencing air flow issues. Airflow problems generally develop in the duct work. Your heating system may be overheating due to a restriction in the air flow which in turn is causing an interruption in the overall operation of the system.
• Thermostats: A malfunctioning thermostat will cause temperature problems. The first thing you should check is your batteries as replacing them often fixes the problem immediately. Be sure to turn off the power to your heating system before replacing your batteries. If you have an older thermostat that is manually calibrated, contact Ambient heating & Air Conditioning to complete the calibration for you.
• You system may need a complete reboot to operate properly especially if you are experiencing error codes. Locate the breaker at the main electric panel and turn off. Wait 15 seconds before turning the system back on and restoring power.
• If your unit appears to be operating, but it is not producing heat, your furnace may be malfunctioning. First thing you should do is check your fuel by checking the fuel levels in your fuel tanks. If your furnace is gas operated, and the pilot will not light, call the professionals at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning.
Professional Furnace & Heating Installation, Upgrades, Replacement, Emergency Repairs, Preventive Maintenance in Springfield, Granby, Holyoke, South Hadley, Monson & Agawam Massachusetts
If you have monitored all of the checkpoints listed above and you are still experiencing problems, contact the professionals at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule a service appointment that fits your schedule. We can get your heating system up and running in next to no time.