When you’re looking at new AC units for your home, you are going to want to look at more than the unit itself. The warranty that comes with the unit is an important part of your purchase as well. Since it is so pricey to replace your AC, you want to make sure you aren’t going to be doing that again anytime soon. Along those same lines, if you have purchased a lemon, you want to make sure the repairs that it will require will be covered. Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk a little about AC warranties and what you need to do to make sure yours is protected.
Importance of Choosing the Right AC Warranty
Like mentioned above, an important part of choosing the right AC unit is going to be looking at the warranty that comes with it. This can make or break your unit as you move forward. You want to know that you have the coverage that you need if anything should happen to your unit. It is important to know that not all warranties are created equal. Some of them will look appealing until you take a closer look at what they actually cover. Here are some tips to help you choose the right warranty.
– Fees: The last thing that you want to get stuck with is a bunch of fees when you go to use your AC warranty. You want to make sure you aren’t going to be paying processing fees in the case that you need to have something fixed.
– Length: You will want to make sure the warranty will cover a large part of the unit’s life. Most units will last between 10 and 15 years before they start to show signs of failure. So, it is wise to make sure the warranty covers more than just a year or two.
– Coverage: It can be frustrating when you pull out your warranty and find that it only covers the parts and not the labor that is required to replace the parts as well. Make sure you get both labor and equipment coverage.
What Voids an AC Warranty?
There are a few things that you need to avoid so ensure your AC warranty is protected. While no two warranties are alike, here are some basic guidelines that most warranties require.
– You will need to register the unit
– Keep any receipts that detail the purchase and installation of the unit
– Have professional maintenance performed on the unit
– Use only approved parts anytime a repair is needed
Central Air Conditioning Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement, Emergency Repairs & More in Springfield, Granby, Holyoke, South Hadley, Monson, Chicopee & Agawam, Massachusetts
If you’re in need of AC replacement, look no further. Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning will help you find the right sized unit for your home and ensure the unit is installed properly. We will handle any routine maintenance that is needed and help you with repairs as they become necessary. Call us today!