It is that time of year when we prepare our Hampshire and Hamden County, Massachusetts homes and business for the winter. For the upcoming season, fall is the best time of year to get your furnace ready. We are going to rely on the furnace to keep our homes comfortable as we continue to progress through the weeks. To take advantage of the preventative benefits, the tune-up is ideally scheduled now. With this in mind, we at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning would like to further discuss the basics of the process of your furnace tune-up and the added benefits.
What are the Benefits of Furnace Maintenance?
The performance and efficiency of your furnace is impacted by several contributing factors; dust, dirt and debris buildup being the primary examples. Once the dry soil and debris impede the furnace’s performance, the operating costs significantly rise when the system strains to keep up with the demand. Removing the dirt and debris buildup away from the necessary surfaces is among the top priorities during a tune-up service. Clearing away the filth can ensure the components are operating proficiently when you rely on the heating system as the temperatures continue to drop. Other included benefits to the furnace tune-up include, but is not limited to, the following:
– Furnace system failure is risk significantly minimized.
– Reduce operating the overall heating system, and you increase efficiency as well.
– In addition to decreasing the need for normal repairs from wear and tear, you prevent major, costly repairs.
Importance of Annual Furnace Maintenance
The best time to get the job done is before you need it regularly, however, having the furnace professionally tuned up annually is critical. You can reduce the need of repairs when it is freezing with early preventative maintenance before professionals are overwhelmed with repairs. Before they manifest into extreme issues with early detection, the experts can discover any underlying issues resolved. The professional can advise homeowners as well, allowing them a little warning time to find the right furnace for their home and budget instead of settling for the first thing they find because of the surprise should the furnace be close to retirement.
What Does a Furnace Tune Up Include?
Though there is generalities and routine protocols that are included below, it is important to keep in mind that the professional heating tune-ups can slightly vary from various companies.
1) All safety components including the limit controls, in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, are inspected and the system’s specifications are reset as needed.
2) To ensure energy-efficiency and the comfort for your home is optimized, the thermostat settings and performance are checked.
3) Any dirt, dust and grime are cleaned, particularly in the areas that affects performance.
4) For signs of leaks, drafts, vents, and flues are evaluated.
5) Energy supply and related features are assessed.
6) In addition to performance tests for safety systems, all electrical connections, motors and controls are checked as well.
7) If applicable, the condensate drains are inspected.
8) Air flow efficiency undergoes inspection and if any obstructions are found, they are removed.
Furnace & Boiler Heating Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement, Emergency Repairs & More in Springfield, Granby, Holyoke, South Hadley, Monson, Chicopee & Agawam, Massachusetts
To schedule your furnace tune-up in our Hampshire and Hamden County, Massachusetts and let our certified experts take care of you and your furnace, contact Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning today.