As a homeowner, your goal is to protect the longevity, energy efficiency, and overall health of your air conditioning unit. Getting the air conditioning professionally serviced is involved in a part of the routine care and maintenance. In order to help manage performance, energy usage, and life expectancy, annually scheduled tune-ups are a vital element to keeping your unit in premium condition. We at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning would like to further elaborate on air conditioning tune-up services today.
What Should an AC Tune-Up Include?
Ideally done just before you start to rely on your cooling system during the air conditioning tune-up service the technician does a comprehensive cleaning and other tasks that involves the following:
1) Thermostat. A full calibration of the thermostat.
2) Ductwork. During an air duct inspection airflow and energy loss is assessed.
3) Electrical connection. To gauge performance and to make sure the wiring is properly tightened down, the electrical system is evaluated.
4) Blower. To ensure performance and overall health, the blower motor and the condition of the belt is inspected.
5) Condenser coils. A comprehensive cleaning is done to the condenser coils. Significantly impacts the energy efficiency and the wear and tear the system endures is the dust and debris collected in the coils.
6) Coolant level check and lube application. Make certain the unit has a sprung a leak by checking the coolant levels. The moving parts are properly lubed in order to eliminate friction and the damage and energy costs.
To ensure that the performance is efficient, safety features are functioning, the energy efficiency is optimal, and the overall health of the air conditioner is high, the air conditioner is tested, visually inspected, and cleaned. The unit is ready to ensure the demand required for the warmer time of year through the cleaning, lubing, tightening, and so much more.
Is it Necessary to Service AC Every Year?
1) Longevity. Depending on the quality of the unit and the care you provide, the air conditioning unit is designed to last 15-20 years, usually. When give the unit the proper care it needs, routinely scheduled maintenance services ensure the life expectancy will be on the higher end
2) Warranty. When there is documented proof of professional maintenance scheduled on time, the warranty is only validated in some instances. The warranty may not cover the expenses of parts or replacement if the maintenance is neglected in the event the unit falls short.
3) Lessen Repairs. You can reduce the need for repairs and avoid serious breakdowns by having your unit tuned-up before you need the cooling system on a consistent basis. The technicians often intervene during early development of wear and tear that can cause those unexpected concerns during the process.
4) Performance. Tune-ups in conjunction with additional maintenance, care, and immediate repairs can make sure that your unit is running at its full potential as mentioned. When temperatures are on the rise outside, have the function at its best can ensure your home is comfortable.