The last thing anyone wants to hear coming from their AC unit is a strange noise. It can mean that you have repairs that need to be made before your unit stops running all together. However, it can be a simple fix sometimes. Knowing what some of the issues could be, is one of the best ways to stay on top of any strange noise that could arise. Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk specifically about rattling noises that come from AC units, and what it could mean.
Why is My AC Making a Weird Rattling Noise?
There are a number of different issues that can lead to rattling noises coming from your AC unit. Here are some of the most common problems you might be dealing with:
– Debris: When it comes to the outdoor unit of your AC system, it isn’t uncommon for debris to get caught in it. When twigs, leaves, or even trash get stuck inside the unit somewhere, it can lead to rattling noises to come from the unit. Removing the debris is all you have to do. Just make sure you have turned off the system before you attempt to remove debris so you avoid an injury.
– Loose Bolts & Screws: As your AC system gets older, it is normal for screws and bolts to become loose through normal wear and tear. If this is the cause for the rattling inside your system, it is an easy fix as tightening these screws and bolts isn’t a big deal.
– AC Fan Problems: The fan that is inside your unit works around the clock sometimes throughout the hottest days in the summer. Sometimes, the fan blades can get worn out and even come loose with all the wear and tear they endure. This can cause rattling to happen when the unit is running. There are some times that you will have to replace fan blades that become worn out.
– AC Motor Issues: The motor inside of your AC unit is the heart of the unit and can absolutely cause rattling noises to happen when it starts to have issues. If you have motor issues, it is important that you turn to professionals to take a look at it to make any necessary repairs.
– AC Refrigerant Leaks: If you start to have a refrigerant leak inside your unit, it could cause bubbling, hissing, and even rattling to occur when the unit is running. This is an issue that needs to be addressed right away.
Central Air Conditioner Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement, Emergency Repairs & More in Springfield, Granby, Holyoke, South Hadley, Monson, Chicopee & Agawam, Massachusetts
Any rattling noise that comes from your unit is nothing short of a cry for help. You should never ignore any strange noises coming from your AC system in the summer, especially rattling. If you do, you can turn to the pros at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning to get to the bottom of the issue. Call us today!