When it comes to investing in an air conditioning system, you want to protect the longevity, energy efficiency, and overall health of your unit. A part of the routine care and maintenance involves getting the air conditioning professionally serviced. Annually scheduled tune ups are a vital element to keeping your unit in premium condition to help manage performance, energy usage, and life expectancy. Today, we at Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning would like to further elaborate on air conditioning tune-up services.
Does My AC Need a Tune Up? Is it Worth It? What Does Maintenance Include?
During the air conditioning tune-up service, optimally done just before you start to rely on your cooling system, the technician does a thorough cleaning and other tasks that involve the following:
1) Condenser coils. The condenser coils undergo a comprehensive cleaning. The coils collect a lot of dust and debris that significantly impacts the energy efficiency and the wear and tear the system endures.
2) Coolant level check and lube application. Coolant levels are checked to make certain the unit has a sprung a leak. To eliminate friction and the damage and energy costs, the moving parts are properly lubed.
3) Thermostat. The thermostat is fully calibrated.
4) Ductwork. The ducts are inspected for potential airflow and energy loss.
5) Electrical connection. Electrical system is assessed for performance and to make sure the wiring is properly tightened down.
6) Blower. The blower motor and the condition of the belt is evaluated to ensure performance and overall health.
In a nutshell, the air conditioner is tested, visually inspected, and cleaned to make sure that the performance is up to par, safety features are functioning, the energy efficiency is optimal, and the overall health of the air conditioner is high. With the cleaning, lubing, tightening, and so much more, the unit is ready to ensure the demand required for the warmer time of year.
Benefits of Annual Air Conditioning System Tune Ups
1) Air conditioner performance. As mentioned, tune-ups in conjunction with additional maintenance, care, and immediate repairs can make sure that your unit is running at its full potential. Having the function at its best can ensure your home is comfortable when temperatures are on the rise outside.
2) Reduced air conditioner repairs. Having your unit tuned-up before the consistency of the unit is needed can reduce the need for repairs and avoid serious breakdowns. During the process, the technicians often intervene during early development of wear and tear that can cause those unexpected issues.
3) AC system longevity. Typically, the air conditioning unit is designed to last 15-20 years, depending on the quality of the unit and the care you provide. Regularly scheduled maintenance services ensure the life expectancy will be on the higher end when give the unit the proper care it needs.
5) Air conditioner warranty. In some cases, the warranty is only validated when there is documented proof of professional maintenance scheduled on time. In the event the unit falls short, the warranty may not cover the expenses of parts ore replacement if the maintenance is neglected.