The last thing that anyone wants to have happen in the dead of summer is a broken air conditioning system. If you don’t know what to look for, it can happen rather easily though. When you are looking for signs that indicate a problem, you can usually find it, and have it repaired before you are left without the refreshing air your AC creates for your home. Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning is here to talk about some signs that are usually present when there is a problem with your AC system.
How Do You Know if Something is Wrong with Your AC?
If you are dependent on your AC to keep your comfortable during the summer months, you are going to want to keep your eyes out for any sign that there is something wrong with it. Here are several signs that all mean something is amiss with your AC.
– Warm Air: With a well running AC system in your home, you should never feel warm air coming out of the vents. If you do, the first thing you should check is the thermostat to make sure it is turned to cool. If that’s the case, call your AC company because something is certainly wrong.
– Weak Air: You should feel a good amount of air coming from the vents in your home. If you all of a sudden notice that there isn’t good airflow, you could have a dirty filter. If changing it doesn’t fix the problem, you definitely have something that needs to be looked at.
– Moisture: Many people don’t realize that their AC removes humidity from the air while it cools the house down. If you have noticed that there is a muggy feel inside your home, your system isn’t doing its job properly and something needs to be fixed.
– AC Odors: There are some odors that you never want to smell coming from your AC vents. If you smell dirty socks or something musty, you definitely want to have it fixed. You shouldn’t smell anything burning either. If you do, turn off your system and have it looked at right away.
– Short Cycling: It is normal for your AC to turn on frequently when it is battling high temps outside. However, if you notice that it seems to be happening all of the time and the temperature doesn’t warrant it, you may need to call someone.
– AC Noises: Your AC system is going to make a decent amount of noise when it is operating no matter what, but if you notice that the noises change or become louder, it could be indicative of a problem.
Central Air Conditioning Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement, Emergency Repairs & More in Springfield, Granby, Holyoke, South Hadley, Monson, Chicopee & Agawam, Massachusetts
If you have noticed that there are some of the signs listed above present in your home, you can count on Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning to get to the bottom of the problem. No matter what you’re dealing with, you can turn to our team of professionals to get your AC working again in no time. Call us today!