The decision to purchase a new heating and air conditioning unit is one of the biggest investments you will ever make for your home. Most heating and air conditioning companies can guide you in your selection and order the unit you decide upon but do you trust them to install the unit in your home? HVAC units can be expensive so you will want to do some research before selecting a heating and air conditioning company. Finding a company with reliable, affordable, well trained and professional technicians can be difficult. Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. is a full service HVAC Contractor that Hampshire and Hamden County, Massachusetts home and business owners have been choosing for quality heating and air conditioning sales, installation, repairs, service and maintenance since 2003.
Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. has provided some useful tips to guide you in choosing your new contractor.
How Do I Choose an HVAC Contractor?
• Personal Experience – ask friends, family, neighbors or co-workers to see if anyone you know can recommend a company to you. People close to you can be a great source of information.
• Look at the Company/Contractor History – All good contractors should have experience. Don’t choose a contractor that hasn’t received the proper training or one who does not have any on-the-job experience. Check references – Any company that is worth hiring should provide at least three local references. Make sure you call and check all three before making your decision to hire.
• Certify that the Contractor has Insurance – Insurance protects you and the contractor in the event that the technician is injured while in your home. Don’t be afraid to ask your contractor to see his current certificate of insurance and don’t forget to check that the insurance certificate is valid.
• Ask to see a Business License – Every state requires a business to be licensed. Ask for the license number and verify it is valid and in good standing. Any company that tells you they don’t need a license to do business should not be trusted and never hired.
• Do a Background Check – check websites with a reputable reputation such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or Angie’s List to see if your potential hire has any pending on unresolved complaints.
• Ask for a Detailed Estimate in Writing – A verbal estimate can cost you time and money if you have nothing to prove which price was agreed upon. Always get everything in writing including parts and labor. Compare prices between contractors but keep in mind the lowest isn’t necessarily the best.
• Ask about AC Warranties – Check the length of the warranty on parts and labor and be sure it is listed in the written guarantee.
Central Air Conditioning Maintenance, Repairs, Replacement, Emergency Repairs & More in Springfield, Granby, Holyoke, South Hadley, Monson, Chicopee & Agawam, Massachusetts
Take some time to do the research and go with a qualified company. Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. is a locally owned heating and air conditioning provider in Hampshire and Hamden County Massachusetts. From installation and service to customer satisfaction and employee training, our company is dedicated to providing the very best in the HVAC industry. To learn more about Ambient Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. call our experienced customer service technicians today.