The HVAC system coursing through your home is a very much needed commodity. It keeps you warm in the cold, icy temperatures, and cool during the hot, scorching summer months. The HVAC system also helps circulate the airflow within the structure. The amount of power that keeps your HVAC system running is extensive. Keeping the cost affordable, and avoid paying unnecessary fees, it is in your best interest to perform some maintenance and improvements to reduce cost and increase efficiency.
Ambient Heating and Air Conditioning would like to share some tips on helping you improve the efficiency and cost of your HVAC system.
– First begin by looking for cracks, gaps, and holes around your home that let the airflow pass outdoors. Begin on the exterior. Service pipes are a common place to find escaping airflow. Be sure to use the appropriate sealant to patch up holes and cracks. Next check the windows and doors. If you can see light or notice that air is able to escape, install weather stripping and caulk as needed. Keeping the air circulating inside your home will help decrease utility bills and help prevent the furnace or air conditioner from running excessively needlessly.
– If you have a chimney, make sure it is closed up when not in use to better trap the air inside.
– Inspect the attic space and walls for adequate insulation. If it needs improvement, re-insulate.
– Air filters need to be cleaned or replaced a minimum of every 90 days. If there is a full house residing in your home, along with pets and smokers, check the filters once a month. If they in need of cleaning or replacing, do so.
– Hire a professional to conduct a tune up and maintenance check on your furnace. Small issues are easily dealt with than letting it go and evolving into a catastrophe. Furnaces have moving parts that require maintenance and inspections, and a pro is better equipped to assess adjustments or repairs. Furnaces should have a professional inspection twice a year, at the beginning of fall and the beginning of spring. Ensure the furnace is up the task of keeping you warm during the winter for the fall inspection. The spring maintenance will make sure no major problems ensued during its high functioning season.
– Just a professional is needed to perform maintenance and tune ups on your furnace, they are also needed to do the same for the air conditioning unit. As with the furnace it is best to have the experts do their services on your air conditioning unit at the start and finish of air conditioning season.
– Air ducts need to be surveyed for any damage, cracks, or holes. A professional might be the better choice in this arena as well. Avoid allowing air to cause disruption in the air duct system can cause for inefficient air flow. The vents need to be cleaned as often as needed, and be sure there are not obstructions blocking them.
HVAC Inspection, Installation, Replacement, Emergency Repairs, Preventive Maintenance & Tune Ups in Springfield, Granby, Holyoke, South Hadley, Monson & Agawam Massachusetts
When considering for a professional hand in caring for HVAC system, look no further than Ambient Heating and Air Conditioning. We have accumulated years of experience and training to skillfully apply methods and techniques in keeping your HVAC system running smoothly and efficiently.